Jean is a bright young woman who comes from a rich and famous family. She goes to a good university and has everything that money can buy. Well, almost everything. The problem is that the people in Jean’s family are so busy that they can hardly find time to be with her. In fact, Jean is quite lonely.
So Jean spends a lot of time on her QQ. She likes being anonymous(匿名), talking to people who do not know about her famous family and her rich life. She uses the name Linda on QQ and has made a lot of friends who she keeps in touch with quite often.
Last year Jean made a very special friend on QQ. His name was David and lived in
When Jean’s father told her that he was going on a business trip to
1. Jean spends a lot of her time on QQ because she is _______.
A. rich B. famous
C. young D. lonely
2. Jean thought “David” was special because he _______.
A. made her quite happy on QQ B. was from
C. sent her a picture of himself D. was tall and good-looking
3. When Jean and “David” met and introduced themselves to each other, who felt surprised?
A. “David”. B. Both “David” and Jean.
C. Jean. D. Neither “David” nor Jean.
4. What’s the main idea of the passage?
A. Don’t believe those you get to know on QQ so easily.
B. People don’t use their real names on QQ so often.
C. Don’t go to meet those you get to know on QQ.
D. People should tell their real names to others on QQ.
1. 选D。由第1段的句子…In fact, Jean is quite lonely. 可知答案选D。
3. 选C。文章的最后一句…she found that her special friend was a twelve-year-old boy named Jim!告诉我们，当Jean发现她那特殊的朋友是一个12岁的小孩时，用了一个感叹号结尾，虽然作者没有直接说Jean感到惊讶，但是我们可以从这个标点符号推断出她的感觉应该是十分surprised(惊讶的)。